Founded in 1972, The Food Science and Nutrition Club at the University of Minnesota is a rare blend of graduate and undergraduate food science and nutrition students. The club strives to provide educational and social activities that enhance personal and academic development, connect students with industry members, and promote community volunteerism. Our group is affiliated with the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) and works on various IFT Student Association (IFTSA) activities including product development teams and college bowl.
The object of the Food Science and Nutrition Club at the University of Minnesota is to develop a strong community of young professionals interested in advancing a healthy, sustainable, flavorful and connected world through student teams of global food research projects, discussions with innovative professionals, and service to a growing world.
2020-2021 Executive Board
- President: Allie Schneider
- Vice President: Laura Eckhardt
- Treasurer: Sonali Raghunath
- Secretary: Loren Avalos
- Fundraising Chair: Lenny Yu
- Community Outreach Chairs: Paige Benson & Gretchen Gustafson
- Social Chairs: Kia Kivi & Allison LeMinh
- IFT Chair: Yara Benavides
- Faculty Advisors: Baraem Ismail & Tonya Schoenfuss
Meeting dates and events can be accessed on our Google Calendar.