The Meat and Dairy Salesroom sells dairy products made in the Pilot Plant in the Department of Food Science and Nutrition and meat products from the Meat Lab.
The salesroom is open on Wednesdays from 2-5 p.m. and is located on the main floor of the Andrew Boss Lab of Meat Science. Cash and credit cards are accepted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept checks.
Watch Our Golden Gopher Ice Cream Being Made
Prices range from $6.50 to $12.00/lb
- Cheddar - can come in a variety of ages: mild, medium, sharp and reduced fat.
- Gouda - a mild butter note cheese, good for melting, snacking and with fruit
- Feta - a mild salt brined cheese that is great for salads.
- Tomato Basil Feta - a mild salt brined cheese that has exceptional flavor and is great to use in salads or snacking.
- Colby - a mild cheese great for sandwiches and snacking.
- Hot Pepper Colby - a mild cheese with mixture of habanera peppers and other peppers to give a unique hot bite.
- Blue - a strong pungent flavored cheese, great to crumble on salads.
- Parmesan - a strong hard cheese with a slight fruity note , great to grate for salads, pasta and pizza
- Swiss - a stronger buttery and nutty cheese that has a firm texture and has holes called "eyes" great for sandwiches and melting.
- Creamy Havarti - a mild buttery cheese with open texture great for snacking and sandwiches
- Dill Havarti - a mild buttery and dill flavored cheese great for snacking
- Nuworld - a strong flavored white blue cheese - Unique to University
- Brick - a mild slight nutty note and has open texture, great for snacking
- Raclette - a European melting cheese that has a slight Swiss note, great for melting on bread or vegetables.
- Herb & Garlic Colby - a mild firm open texture cheese with seasoning added to give it a flavor, great for sandwiches and snacking
- Queso Fresco - a South American "fresh cheese" used in salsa and for melting on a variety of dishes
- Nuworld Spread - a spreadable cheese made with Nuworld Cheese and Cream
Available in 1.75 quarts ($9.50) or pints ($6.00)