Adjunct Assistant Professor
Research interests concern the cereal grain value chain with focus on cereal grain quality, processing and ingredient interactions, and on consumer acceptability and health. Some specific research topics include: i) understanding the role of macromolecules (mainly starch and protein) in determining the physical, structural and sensory properties of cereal-based product; ii) investigating the effect of the technological processes on the gluten protein aggregation in gluten matrices, starch arrangement in gluten-free products, and starch-protein interactions in cereal-based foods; iii) setting up of conventional and innovative approaches to improve the nutritional quality of cereals and cereal-products (mainly bread and pasta).
Post Doctoral Research Associate at the University of Milan (Italy) – Department of Food, Environmental and Nutritional Sciences.
- Pagani, M.A., Marti, A., Bottega, G. (2014). Wheat milling and flour quality evaluations. In: Bakery Products: Science and Technology, second edition. Edited by Zhou W. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Marti, A., Seetharaman, K., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Textural attributes of wheat and gluten free pasta. In: Food Texture Design and Optimization. Edited by Dar Y.L. and Light J.M. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Marti, A., Torri., L., Casiraghi, M.C., Franzetti, L., Limbo, S., Morandin, F., Quaglia, L., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Wheat germ stabilization by heat-treatment or sourdough fermentation: effect on dough rheology and bread properties. LWT – Food Science and Technology. DOI: 10.1016/j.lwt.2014.06.039.
- Marti, A., Cecchini, C., D’Egidio, M.G., Dreisoerner, J., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Characterization of durum wheat semolina by means of a rapid shear-based method. Cereal Chemistry. Accepted.
- Marti, A., Barbiroli, A., Bonomi, F., Brutti, A., Iametti, S., Marengo, M., Miriani, M., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Effect of high pressure processing on the features of wheat milling by-products. Cereal Chemistry. In press. http://dx.doi.org/10.1094/CCHEM-07-13-0133-CESI.
- Guazzotti, V., Marti, A., Piergiovanni, L., Limbo, S. (2014). Bio-based coatings as potential barrier to chemical contaminants from recycled paper and board for food packaging. Food Additives and Contaminants. Part A, 31, 402-413.
- Stuknyte, M., Cattaneo, S., Pagani, M.A., Marti, A., Micard, V., Hogenboom, J., De Noni, I. (2013). Spaghetti from durum wheat: effect of drying conditions on heat damage, ultrastructure and in vitro digestibility. Food Chemistry Food Chemistry, 149, 40-46.
- Marti, A., D'Egidio, M.G., Dreisonerner, J., Seetharaman, K., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Temperature-induced changes in dough elasticity as a useful tool in defining the firmness of cooked pasta. European Food Research and Technology, 238, 333-336.
- Marti, A., Barbiroli, A., Marengo, M., Fongaro, L., Iametti, S., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Structuring and texturing gluten-free pasta: egg albumen or whey proteins? European Food Research and Technology, 238, 217-224.
- Marti, A., Bottega, G., Casiraghi, MC., Faoro, F., Iametti, S., Pagani, M.A. (2013). Dietary fibre enzymatic treatment: a way to improve the rheological properties of high-fibre enriched dough. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 49, 305-307.
- Marti, A., Caramanico, R., Bottega, G., Pagani, M.A. (2013). Cooking behaviour of rice pasta: effect of thermal treatments and extrusion conditions. LWT – Food Science and Technology, 54, 229-235.
- Casiraghi, M.C., Pagani, M.A., Erba, D., Marti, A., Cecchini, C., D’Egidio, M.G. (2013). Quality and nutritional properties of pasta products enriched with immature wheat grain. Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 64, 544-550.
- Iametti, S., Marengo, M., Miriani, M., Pagani, M.A., Marti, A., Bonomi, F. (2013). Integrating the information from proteomic approaches: a “thiolomics” approach to assess the role of thiols in protein-based networks. Food Research International, 54, 980-987.
- Marti, A., Pagani, M.A. (2013). What can play the role of gluten in gluten free pasta? Trends in Food Science and Technology, 31, 63-71.
- Marti, A., Seetharaman, K., Pagani, M.A. (2013). Rheological approaches suitable for investigating starch and protein properties related to cooking quality of durum wheat pasta. Journal of Food Quality, 36, 133-138.
- Kouadio, O., N’dri, D., Nindjin, C., Marti, A., Casiraghi, M.C., Faoro, F., Erba, D., Bonfoh, B., Amani, G. (2013). Resistant Starch (RS) contribution to yam (Dioscorea spp.) and cassava (Manihot esculenta) cooking quality evaluation. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 64, 484-493.
- Barbiroli, A., Bonomi, F., Casiraghi, M.C., Iametti, S., Pagani, M.A., Marti, A. (2013). Process conditions affect starch structure and its interactions with proteins in rice pasta. Carbohydrate Polymers, 92, 1865-1872.
- D’Egidio, M.G., Moscaritolo, S., Marti, A., Pagani M.A. (2013). Adaptation of the Mixolab for durum wheat testing. In: Mixolab. A new approach to rheology. Edited by Dubat A., Rossel C.M., Gallagher E. AACC International press.
- Marti, A., Pagani, M.A., Seetharaman, K. (2012). Affinity for iodine of semolina matrices. Journal of Cereal Science, 56, 516-518.
- Bonomi, F., D’Egidio, M.G., Iametti, S., Marengo, M., Marti, A., Pagani, M.A., Ragg, E. (2012). Structure-quality relationship in commercial pasta: a molecular glimpse. Food Chemistry, 135, 348-355.