Research interests concern the cereal grain value chain with focus on cereal grain quality, processing and ingredient interactions, and on consumer acceptability and health. Some specific research topics include: i) understanding the role of macromolecules (mainly starch and protein) in determining the physical, structural and sensory properties of cereal-based product; ii) investigating the effect of the technological processes on the gluten protein aggregation in gluten matrices, starch arrangement in gluten-free products, and starch-protein interactions in cereal-based foods; iii) setting up of conventional and innovative approaches to improve the nutritional quality of cereals and cereal-products (mainly bread and pasta).
Post Doctoral Research Associate at the University of Milan (Italy) – Department of Food, Environmental and Nutritional Sciences.
- Pagani, M.A., Marti, A., Bottega, G. (2014). Wheat milling and flour quality evaluations. In: Bakery Products: Science and Technology, second edition. Edited by Zhou W. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Marti, A., Seetharaman, K., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Textural attributes of wheat and gluten free pasta. In: Food Texture Design and Optimization. Edited by Dar Y.L. and Light J.M. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Marti, A., Torri., L., Casiraghi, M.C., Franzetti, L., Limbo, S., Morandin, F., Quaglia, L., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Wheat germ stabilization by heat-treatment or sourdough fermentation: effect on dough rheology and bread properties. LWT – Food Science and Technology. DOI: 10.1016/j.lwt.2014.06.039.
- Marti, A., Cecchini, C., D’Egidio, M.G., Dreisoerner, J., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Characterization of durum wheat semolina by means of a rapid shear-based method. Cereal Chemistry. Accepted.
- Marti, A., Barbiroli, A., Bonomi, F., Brutti, A., Iametti, S., Marengo, M., Miriani, M., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Effect of high pressure processing on the features of wheat milling by-products. Cereal Chemistry. In press. http://dx.doi.org/10.1094/CCHEM-07-13-0133-CESI.
- Guazzotti, V., Marti, A., Piergiovanni, L., Limbo, S. (2014). Bio-based coatings as potential barrier to chemical contaminants from recycled paper and board for food packaging. Food Additives and Contaminants. Part A, 31, 402-413.
- Stuknyte, M., Cattaneo, S., Pagani, M.A., Marti, A., Micard, V., Hogenboom, J., De Noni, I. (2013). Spaghetti from durum wheat: effect of drying conditions on heat damage, ultrastructure and in vitro digestibility. Food Chemistry Food Chemistry, 149, 40-46.
- Marti, A., D'Egidio, M.G., Dreisonerner, J., Seetharaman, K., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Temperature-induced changes in dough elasticity as a useful tool in defining the firmness of cooked pasta. European Food Research and Technology, 238, 333-336.
- Marti, A., Barbiroli, A., Marengo, M., Fongaro, L., Iametti, S., Pagani, M.A. (2014). Structuring and texturing gluten-free pasta: egg albumen or whey proteins? European Food Research and Technology, 238, 217-224.
- Marti, A., Bottega, G., Casiraghi, MC., Faoro, F., Iametti, S., Pagani, M.A. (2013). Dietary fibre enzymatic treatment: a way to improve the rheological properties of high-fibre enriched dough. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 49, 305-307.
- Marti, A., Caramanico, R., Bottega, G., Pagani, M.A. (2013). Cooking behaviour of rice pasta: effect of thermal treatments and extrusion conditions. LWT – Food Science and Technology, 54, 229-235.
- Casiraghi, M.C., Pagani, M.A., Erba, D., Marti, A., Cecchini, C., D’Egidio, M.G. (2013). Quality and nutritional properties of pasta products enriched with immature wheat grain. Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 64, 544-550.
- Iametti, S., Marengo, M., Miriani, M., Pagani, M.A., Marti, A., Bonomi, F. (2013). Integrating the information from proteomic approaches: a “thiolomics” approach to assess the role of thiols in protein-based networks. Food Research International, 54, 980-987.
- Marti, A., Pagani, M.A. (2013). What can play the role of gluten in gluten free pasta? Trends in Food Science and Technology, 31, 63-71.
- Marti, A., Seetharaman, K., Pagani, M.A. (2013). Rheological approaches suitable for investigating starch and protein properties related to cooking quality of durum wheat pasta. Journal of Food Quality, 36, 133-138.
- Kouadio, O., N’dri, D., Nindjin, C., Marti, A., Casiraghi, M.C., Faoro, F., Erba, D., Bonfoh, B., Amani, G. (2013). Resistant Starch (RS) contribution to yam (Dioscorea spp.) and cassava (Manihot esculenta) cooking quality evaluation. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 64, 484-493.
- Barbiroli, A., Bonomi, F., Casiraghi, M.C., Iametti, S., Pagani, M.A., Marti, A. (2013). Process conditions affect starch structure and its interactions with proteins in rice pasta. Carbohydrate Polymers, 92, 1865-1872.
- D’Egidio, M.G., Moscaritolo, S., Marti, A., Pagani M.A. (2013). Adaptation of the Mixolab for durum wheat testing. In: Mixolab. A new approach to rheology. Edited by Dubat A., Rossel C.M., Gallagher E. AACC International press.
- Marti, A., Pagani, M.A., Seetharaman, K. (2012). Affinity for iodine of semolina matrices. Journal of Cereal Science, 56, 516-518.
- Bonomi, F., D’Egidio, M.G., Iametti, S., Marengo, M., Marti, A., Pagani, M.A., Ragg, E. (2012). Structure-quality relationship in commercial pasta: a molecular glimpse. Food Chemistry, 135, 348-355.